Item Code: CAT 855
The CAT 855 delivers 21st century audio quality to the classroom.
Maximize your investment in technology and strengthen the connection between teachers and students through clarity and even distribution of sound for all audio in the classroom.
- Highly configurable to meet varying technology needs
- 4 audio inputs for maximum integration
- PageFirst technology - emergency page priority (add-on)
- Infrared wireless technology
- Two microphone channels
- Multiple microphone options
- Multiple speaker choices deliver optimal sound in all rooms
- Designed to power up to four speakers for even coverage in the classroom
- PageFirst™ Technology
- Four (4) stereo audio inputs with volume control (Computer, DVD/VCR, MP3, etc.)
- Two (2) auxiliary outputs with volume (sends audio to personal FM system & recorder)
- 4-band graphic equalizer
- Quick-install infrared sensor
- IR sensor input, ability to power up to 4 sensors for larger or odd-shaped rooms
- Plenum-rated Cat 5 cable connection between amplifier and IR sensor/receiver
- Alternate frequency groups available - 4 compatible channels
- 5-year warranty (6 months on batteries)
Infrared Microphone Options
The REDMIKE® is a pendant-style wireless microphone that can be worn comfortably around the teacher's neck or used as hand-held for student use. The CAT 855 is equipped with two independent channels allowing the use of two microphones simultaneously. Each system includes a single REDMIKE classroom microphone with an option to upgrade to the new REDMIKE®VC microphone with volume control.
Single Speaker Solutions
Lightspeed's flat-panel speakers produce a very wide dispersion of sound, resulting in excellent distribution throughout the entire classroom from a single speaker. Installation is very simple and speech intelligibility is superb.
Traditional Speaker Solutions
For larger or multimedia classroom applications, we offer a line of traditional speakers, which places multiple speakers around the classroom. These speaker solutions cover classrooms up to 1600 square feet and will deliver a full range of sound.
Premium 5-Year Warranty
Lightspeed Infrared Audio Systems and optional accessories are warranted against malfunction due to defect in materials and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from date of purchase. System components will be repaired or replaced at Lightspeed's option. Rechargeable batteries and connecting cables are guaranteed for six (6) months. Warranty does not extend to finish, appearance, or malfunctions due to abuse or misuse. Repairs performed by other than Lightspeed Technologies will void this warranty.
CAT 855 Product Specifications
Power Output (System Total)
12 W per Channel x2
(24 W Total)
60 Hz – 20 kHz
Power Supply (UL Listed)
24V / 2.5A
Image and Spurious Rejection
Total Harmonic Distortion
< 1% @ 10 W
Standard Sub-carrier Frequencies (iR)
Alternate Sub-carrier Frequencies (iR)
Dimensions (W x D x H)
8.6'' x 6.8" x 2.2"
21.9 x 17.3 x 5.6cm
CE, WEEE, RoHS
Audio Inputs w/ Volume Control
(4) Stereo Inputs
(Dual RCA x2; 3.5mm x2)
(1) RJ-45 Input
(Capability to power up to 4)
PageFirst w/ sensitivity adjustment
ALD/Aux Audio Outputs w/ volume control
(2) 3.5mm - 1 on front, 1 on back
(2) Sets Binding Post Connectors
(2) on Back Panel (for LT71 Microphone)
Rooms up to 1600 ft² / 150 m²
(ceilings 12 ft / 3.66 m or less)
50 ft / 15.24 m, plenum-rated Cat 5e cable
Ceiling Clip/Wall Bracket